If you are an ice cream lover but hate all the added sugar and cream, allow us to introduce you to the world of frozen yogurt. Even if you’re not counting calories, a lighter option like frozen yogurt is an amazing treat for anytime of the year but especially the spring and summer. Most recipes require the use of an ice cream maker but this recipe, courtesy of Crofter’s Organic, uses store-bought frozen yogurt that you pimp up with chocolate, almonds, and lemon zest for a burst of sunshine. Trust us – it’ll taste NOTHING like the store-bought stuff once you’re done with it.
See also: Bake Up a Batch of These Fresh Blueberry Scones>>>
Here’s how to make this refreshing & delicious wild blueberry frozen yogurt recipe!
- 1 ½ cups Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread
- 1.5 quarts vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 cup slivered unsalted almonds, divided
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Before starting, let your frozen yogurt thaw on the counter until it becomes easier to mix. Once frozen yogurt is ready, empty the tub into a large bowl.
- Next, combine with Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread and the lemon zest. Mix together well with a large spoon until most of the clumps are worked out and the frozen yogurt becomes smooth.
- Sprinkle in ½ cup of slivered almonds and ½ cup of dark chocolate chips. Mix throughout.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt from the bowl into a serving dish or metal baking tray. Place frozen yogurt in the freezer for about 30 minutes until it becomes firm again.
- Sprinkle the remaining slivered almonds and dark chocolate chips on top of the frozen yogurt and place back in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Featured Image & Recipe: Crofter's Organic