One of the fun parts about Easter celebrations that brings friends and family together is the food. And when thinking of recipes, it can be important to think of versatility to ensure everyone’s preferences are met, including being vegan and dairy-free. That’s where Becel comes in with their plant-based bricks. Wondering how the butter can be incorporated into a recipe? Take a look at some of the recipes from Becel for meal inspirations to celebrate Easter.
Becel Plant-Based Bricks’ Recipe Inspirations
Sweet and savoury hasselback potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Manuka honey, slightly heated to soften
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dried sage
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground nutmeg
- A pinch each of salt and pepper
How to prepare:
- First, you have to preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Make crosswise cuts in each sweet potato, 1/8 to 1/4-in. (3 to 6 mm) apart.
- Combine the melted Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks, honey, sage and nutmeg.
- Place the potatoes on the baking tray. It needs to be parchment paper-lined. Season with salt and pepper. Have the honey mixture on top of and inside each sweet potato. Save the leftover mixture to be used as glaze later.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are soft and fully cooked through. Take it out and and brush the potatoes with the honey mixture.
Maple Mustard Salmon
- 1 -lb (500 g) salmon filet, bones removed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) Dijon mustard or grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) low sodium soy sauce
How to prepare:
- You have to first preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Next, place the salmon in an 8-inch (20-cm) baking dish.
- Place the Becel® Buttery Taste margarine inside a microwave at HIGH until it’s melted for roughly 15 seconds. Mix the maple syrup, Dijon mustard and soy sauce to go over the salmon.
- Bake until the salmon flakes with a fork, for about 12 minutes.
Triple Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (250 mL) Becel® salted margarine sticks or unsalted margarine sticks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cherries or cranberries
How to prepare:
- You have to preheat the oven to 375°F (190° C). Next, mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Then, you have to beat the Becel® sticks with sugars in another bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. After, you need to slowly add in the flour mixture and beat until it’s fully blended and incorporated. Mix the chocolates and cherries. Drop by tablespoonfuls on the baking sheets, 2-inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 2 minutes on wire rack. Once done, you can remove them and cool completely.
For more ideas and recipes for baking or cooking dishes for Easter, you can check out the website online here.