Trying to incorporate more plant-based and vegan recipes into your repertoire? It may sound tricky but it’s super easy to do with a little creativity and planning. What also makes it a no-brainer are all of these plant-based swaps. These days, you can enjoy vegan food without it tasting or even looking like it’s vegan. This Hawaiian BBQ Pizza recipe, made with Violife Foods is a prime example. The cheese melts beautifully just like regular cheese and the flavours are just too good to pass up. You’ll have to make it for yourself to really understand!
Here’s how to make this delicious and vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza recipe!
- 100g Violife Cheddar Style Shreds
- 100g Violife Mozzarella Style Shreds
- 200g fresh or tinned pineapple, sliced
- 1 vegan pizza crust
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 100g barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make the sauce by mixing the barbecue sauce, cumin and paprika in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the pizza dough on the baking paper, forming it into the shape of your liking, leaving space for the crust.
- Spread the pizza base with the barbecue sauce mixture using the back of a spoon. Keep some for the topping of the pizza. Top the barbecue sauce with the Violife Cheddar Style Shreds and Violife Mozzarella Style Shreds, the pineapple slices, the onion slices and the rest of the barbecue sauce drizzled on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. When the crust is golden, remove it from the oven, sprinkle it with fresh scallions and coriander leaves and serve.
Featured Image & Recipe: Violife Foods