Happy freaking weekend! Another week of lockdown life has thankfully floated on by and we don’t know about you but we couldn’t be more thankful. To celebrate, we’re reaching for a cocktail but not just any old cocktail. This smoky margarita recipe, courtesy of our pals at SodaStream is fresh, flavourful, and most importantly, super easy to make. If you’re feeling spicy, you can even garnish yours with slices of fresh jalapeño!
Yields: 1 large or 2 small cocktails
- SodaStream Sparkling Water or bottled sparkling water
- 30 ml Tequila
- 15 ml Mezcal
- 25 ml Cointreau
- 15 ml blood orange juice
- 15 ml lime juice
- Fizz cold fresh water with SodaStream Sparkling Water Maker.
- Add all ingredients (except the SodaStream sparkling water) into a shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake vigorously.
- Double strain through a fine sieve into a lowball filled with ice.
- Top with SodaStream sparkling water.
- Garnish with smoked sea salt rim, jalapeño rings and a blood orange wheel.
- Serve in a lowball glass.
Photo & Recipe: SodaStream