If you’re feeling some withdrawals from the holidays, you’re not alone. Even though the recent holiday season was certainly different than years past, it was still nice to feel the magic that the festive season brings. If you were anything like us, you spent your holiday baking and cooking up a storm and even though it’s “back to reality” for some of us, that doesn’t mean that you should cease all baking operations, especially if they’re on the healthier side. These cookies are not only paleo but they’re made with date sugar which is dehydrated, ground raw dates and it’s a great alternative to traditional sweeteners because it actually has nutritional value.
Yield: 6-8 cookies
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/2 cup LIVA date sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- coconut butter (to drizzle)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Mix together coconut oil, LIVA date sugar, molasses, egg and vanilla until combined.
3. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined.
4. Form into balls and flatten on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with LIVA date sugar on top.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes (depending on size), and let cool. Drizzle with coconut butter when cooled.
6. Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days or refrigerate in an airtight container for 7-10 days.
Photo and recipe: LIVA Date Sugar