Grilling weather is almost here and that means it’s time to start planning your cookout menus. Corn on the cob is a grilling classic that can be served with pretty much any meal and can go anywhich way with flavours. If Mexican is on the menu, we can’t suggest this grilled corn recipe enough. Courtesy of our pals at Vitamix, you’ll whip up your own mayo-style sauce, slather it on your gorgeous grilled corn, sprinkle with cheese, lime, chile and you’re good to go. This is one flavourful side so if you’re worried it’ll be underwhelming, you came to the wrong BBQ!
See also: A Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza Recipe
Here’s how to make this delicious Mexican grilled corn recipe!
- 5 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon (3g) salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (240ml) canola oil
- 6 ears of corn, grilled
- ¼ cup (45g) crumbled queso cheese
- sprinkle of chipotle chile powder, optional
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, lime juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug. Slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening. Secure lid plug.
- Slowly increase to the machine’s highest speed and blend for 15 to 20 seconds, or until emulsified.
- Brush mayonnaise mixture onto warm grilled corn and sprinkle heavily with crumbled cheese and chipotle chile powder, if using.
Need some help in the corn grilling department? Follow this video for how to grill like a pro!
Recipe: Vitamix Canada