2021 has officially arrived and we couldn’t be more ready for a new year and fresh start. After weeks of rich holiday treats, a healthy fruit smoothie is definitely in order and this one, from Vitamix, will not disappoint. The addition of fresh cranberries and apple pie spice gives this smoothie a festive spin that’s frankly going to be delicious any time of year. The freshness this smoothie offers is sure to wake you up in the morning and if you want to make it even more filling, add in a scoop of your favourite protein powder.
This smoothie makes for the perfect breakfast over the holidays, it’s incredibly easy to make. All you have to do is blend all the ingredients in your blender and poof — it’s ready!
Here’s how to make Vitamix’s Holiday Fruit Smoothie!
Yield: 4 servings
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 (400 g) gala apple, or mild sweet apple, halved, seeded
- 2 (400 g) D’Anjou pear, halved, seeded
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey, optional
- ½ cup (50 g) cranberries
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
Photo & recipe: Vitamix