We all love a hot, crispy waffle first thing in the morning. This treasured breakfast item is more than just a boost of energy and a delicious start to your day. Waffles are the perfect breakfast food because they are quick and easy to prepare, with endless options for customization. It’s time to try these gluten free waffles, we promise you won’t regret it.
With so many different ways to eat waffles, why wouldn’t you want to have a quick and easy GF recipe on hand. Try them with the tradition syrup for breakfast, fried chicken, or even ice cream as a delicious dessert.
Gluten-Free Waffle Recipe
Regular waffles have the perfect crisp exterior with a soft interior. Well, so do gluten free waffles! Ditch the gluten family with proteins found in wheat, barley, rye and spelt, try this super easy GF waffle recipe.
Classic Gluten Free Waffles
YIELD: 8 WAFFLES
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour blend
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the all-purpose gluten free flour with the baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- Set the batter aside while you preheat the waffle iron to the desired temperature.
- Spoon the batter into the middle of the waffle iron, using about ¼ to 1/3 cup per waffle.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer the waffle to a baking sheet and keep warm at 200°F in the oven while you repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve your waffles warm with the desired toppings.
Alternative Waffle Topping
Waffles and maple syrup go hand in hand but can get a bit repetitive in your routine. These delicious breakfast menu items can be served as a dessert with just the right toppings. If you’re looking to try something new or a healthier alternatives to top your gluten-free waffles drizzles a few of theses toppings below! Stick a popsicle in the waffle to make it waffpop that is fun and creative.
- Dip your waffle in melted vegan chocolate (milk chocolate, white, dark)
- Dip your waffle in melted vegan Carmel
- Chop up your favourite fruit (strawberry, banana, shredded coconut)
- Sprinkle vegan graham cracker crumbs on top
- Pair waffles with Pecans and or raisins
FEATURE IMAGE: Svitlana, Unsplash