On a chilly winter’s day, a perfectly done tea service is everything. With hot tea, yummy snacks, tasty treats and stellar service: what could be better? The Fairmont Empress, located in Victoria is highly revered for its afternoon tea that serves 80,000 guests annually since 1908 — that’s a lot of tea! We’ve been able to snag their famous Tea Scone recipe and it’s the perfect accompaniment for a cuppa tea. You can enjoy this scone recipe on its own or pair it with butter, clotted cream, jam, honey or whatever your heart desires. Plus see below for our favourite jams to serve yours with!
Yields: 14 scones
- 1 lbs bread flour
- 100g sugar
- 25 g baking powder
- 100 g cold butter
- 250 ml cream
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 80 g raisins
- 2 eggs
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder.
- Add butter and mix to a fine crumble
- Add the eggs and cream and mix well until thoroughly combined
- Add raisins
- Roll out the dough into 16mm thickness and cut using a size 6 cm diameter cutter
- Egg wash and bake at 330°F for 10-15 minutes
Here are our top 3 favourite jams to serve alongside the Fairmont Empress’ Scone Recipe!
Kitten & The Bear – Strawberry, Raspberry & Cream
Bonne Maman Strawberry Jam
WILKIN & SONS TIPTREE STRAWBERRY CONSERVE
Feature Image & Recipe: Fairmont Empress