If you’re plant-based or are accomodating someone with a plant-based/dairy-free diet this holiday season, don’t panic. Swapping out dairy for plant-based alternatives could not be easier thanks to the wealth of swap-outs that you’ll hardly notice. Instead of stressing and feeding your guest a boring ‘ol salad, treat them to comforting side dishes that they won’t even notice are vegan.
Here’s how to make plant-based delicious mashed potatoes that everyone will love this holiday!
- 2 cups Elmhurst® Unsweetened Milked Cashews™
- 5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- ½ cup Chives, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add water until covered. Bring to a boil + cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and move to a bowl. Add cashew milk, butter, chives, garlic, and salt + pepper.
- With an electric mixer whip until smooth + creamy. Add more cashew milk for a creamier texture if you’d like.
- Finish with fresh chives and enjoy!
Feature Image: Elmhurst