Who doesn’t love baking up a batch of cookies on the weekend? These oat flour cookies are delicious and with chunks of chocolate, are super satisfying and everything we want. This chocolate oat cookie recipe couldn’t be easier and in a blink of an eye, you’ll be snacking on these little morsels of goodness. So what are you waiting for?
Yields: 16 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 1/2 cup oats
- In a bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in oat flour mixture just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate and oats. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are set and golden around edges. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer directly to rack. Let cool completely. (The oat cookies can be stored in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
Featured Image & Recipe: Quaker Canada