Looking to shake up dinnertime for your family? A great way to do that is to take your fave meal and put it on a pizza. This might sound strange at first but it makes meal time super easy and the kids are sure to love it. We don’t know anyone who can’t get down with a slice of pizza. This Butter Chicken Naan Pizza recipe, courtesy of News Canada is easy, delicious, and so satisfying. It combines everything we love about Indian flavours with the joy of biting into a doughy slice of ‘za.
Here’s how to make this Indian Butter Chicken Naan Pizza recipe!
- 1 jar (400 mL) butter chicken cooking sauce
- 1/2 cup (122.5 g) plain yogurt
- 2 tsp (5.6 g) garlic, minced
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 pieces naan bread
- 2 cups (226 g) cheese, shredded and divided into two equal parts
- 1 1/2 (45 g) cup spinach
- 1/4 cup (29 g) red onion, sliced
- 2 cups (298 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Stir together butter chicken cooking sauce, yogurt, garlic and salt.
- Mix 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the yogurt sauce with chicken pieces; set aside the remaining sauce.
- Cover and marinate chicken for 15 minutes.
- Heat pan to medium heat and cook marinated chicken pieces for 5 to 8 minutes until no longer pink inside.
- Spread reserved yogurt sauce over 3 to 4 naans. Sprinkle naans with 1 cup (113 g) of cheese.
- Sprinkle spinach, onion, cherry tomatoes (cut-side up) and cooked chicken. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake directly on the oven rack for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Feature Image & Recipe: News Canada