A great way to liven up your day is by dipping into a great snack. Hummus is incredibly easy to make, especially if you have a food processor, and this version made with avocado is creamy and a gorgeous green colour. It’s totally riff-able so you can add in white beans if you’re out of chickpeas, edamame if you don’t have any avos on hand, and any tender herb will work in place of parsley. Add in as much garlic as you dare and garnish any way you please. You can even layer it on top of classic hummus if you’re looking to layer the flavours!
Here’s how to whip up a delicious avocado hummus recipe!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup parsley or any tender herb
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Add avocado, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, parsley into a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil until it’s all nice and blended.
- Season with salt and pepper and add to a bowl.
- Garnish with desired toppings like toasted pine nuts, chili flakes, chopped tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, etc.