If you live in Ontario, then it seems some of our prayers have officially been answered. The LCBO has announced that it’ll finally be open on Mondays again after almost a year. At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the booze retailer cut back its hours and shuttered its doors every Monday and cited the reason as ‘safety measures.’
As COVID started to linger on, as we all know, the LCBO eventually expanded its hours but still remained closed the first day of every week. That is until now. The LCBO website reads, “As the province eases Covid-19 restrictions, LCBO is updating our store hours and opening Mondays.”
The website goes on to say, “As we continue to navigate COVID-19, health and safety remains top of mind for us all. We follow the direction of public health officials to limit the effect COVID-19 may have on our people, partners, customers, and in our communities.”
Just like the grocery store and other essential shops, the LCBO has safety measures in place to protect its staff and customers that include:
- Restricting capacity in accordance with public health guidance on capacities across the province.
- Requiring customers to wear face coverings in all stores unless they meet a provincial legislated exemption.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization in our stores and warehouses.
- Managing traffic flow within our stores to avoid crowding and marking points within the stores as guidance for staying recommended distances apart.
- Plexiglass barriers at cash desks across our retail network.
We don’t know about you, but we’ll virtually cheers to this news!
Feature Image: Flickr