If you find yourself eating a particular chocolate hazelnut spread by the spoonful, then this dessert needs to be on your radar. In addition to being totally delicious, this avocado chocolate mousse recipe is vegan and super simple to put together. Plus the addition of avocado makes it super creamy without giving the dish a heavy feeling. And if you’re wondering if a vegan dessert can be satisfying, the answer is, most definitely yes.
Here’s how to make this creamy avocado chocolate mousse recipe!
- ½ cup Elmhurst Unsweetened Milked Hazelnuts
- 1 tsp instant espresso
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 ½ cups Haas avocados
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the unsweetened hazelnut milk and instant espresso, allowing for the espresso to completely dissolve.
- In a food processor, combine all your ingredients including the blended hazelnut milk and espresso mixture and blend until smooth.
- Divide into desired mousse cups and top with non-dairy whipped topping and vegan chocolate chips and enjoy!
Featured Image & Recipe: Elmhurst