Happy Cinco de Mayo! If you want to celebrate but just aren’t down with downing a heavy burrito, then we have the recipe for you. Coming straight to you from Chef Paula Zavala, this Chicken Tinga Tostada recipe is spicy, authentic, and ridiculously easy to put together thanks to a pre-made rotisserie chicken. Serve up with some refreshing avocado and salty feta or queso fresco and you’re good to go!
Here’s how to make Chef Paula Zavala’s Chicken Tinga Tostadas Recipe!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 chipotle chilis in adobo
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- feta cheese or fresco
- sour cream
- avocado slices
- 6 tostadas
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- To make the chipotle sauce, place the tomatoes in a blender with three chipotle chillies, garlic, tomato paste and 1/4 cup of the chicken stock.
- Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and fry to medium heat for 10 minutes or until they are soft. Add the chipotle sauce and shredded chicken.
- Add the remaining chicken stock and cook everything for 10 minutes.
- Serve over tostadas and garnish with feta cheese, sour cream and avocado slices.
Featured Image & Recipe: Chef Paula Zavala