During the summer, nothing is more refreshing than a tropical drink. You know, the ones that have colourful umbrellas and sweet fresh fruit. Some may think that tropical drinks are best with a shot or two of spirits. But little do you know, mocktails are equally delicious. Whether you are in the mood for a Hawaiian, Caribbean, or any other tropical island escape, these non-alcoholic drinks will make you feel like you’re soaking up the warm sun with sand between your toes.
Here are the best non-alcoholic drinks that everyone can order to make any retreat sweet.
See also: 8 Restaurants in London, ON You Have to Try >>>
Non-Alcoholic Drinks you can make at home:
This mocktail provides you with the coolest shade of purple. Relieving you of all stress and headaches combined with freshly squeezed lemon juice, lavender mixture and water. This drink is perfect for the summer sun!
- 6 cups water
- .5 cup honey
- 5 tbsp dried lavender
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- Bring water and honey to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat
- Gently crush the lavender in a mortar and pestle or in a bowl with a meat tenderizer
- Add the crushed lavender to the pot then remove it from the heat
- Cover, refrigerate, and steep for 2 hours
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve and stir in the lemon juice and serve over ice
Planters Punch Tropical Mocktail
This Caribbean mocktail is typically served with rum. To turn it into a mocktail you’ll grab the brightest tropical fruits to make it sweet.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring (optional)
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- Pineapple wedge and cherry for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add the orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice, rum flavoring, and grenadine. Shake well to mix and chill.
- Strain into a highball glass half filled with ice. Garnish with pineapple wedge and a cherry.
This yummy mocktail is another healthy alternative! Served with turmeric and ginger that are great immune system boosters surely to brighten any day!
- 1 2” piece peeled turmeric
- 1 2” piece peeled ginger
- ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup (nectar)
- Sparkling water (for serving)
- Cayenne pepper (for serving)
- Pass turmeric, ginger, and lemon (with peel) through a juicer. Stir in agave syrup
- Serve juice over ice, topped off with sparkling water and sprinkled with cayenne pepper
Fruit Loops Mocktail
With the sharp tastes of pineapple, cranberry, orange juice, and sweet grenadine syrup, Fruit Loops combine well with other tropical drinks. Served over ice, and topped with an orange slice and cherry, who says Fruit Loops are only for cereal?
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce grenadine syrup
- Citrus twists
- Maraschino cherry
- In a chilled highball glass, add ice and stir in juices.
- Add the grenadine syrup and garnish with citrus fruit and maraschino cherries.
It is not everyday you come across a blue drink let alone a blue mocktails. This cocktail will leave you feeling anything but blue can be topped with literally anything!
- Blue Curaçao syrup
- Lemon juice
- Lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite
- Pour ¼ cup of blue Curaçao syrup into a 15-ounce highball glass
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Top up the drink with Sprite, stir gently, then garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy immediately
Feature Image: Kobby Mendez, Unsplash